Come join a dynamic and fun-loving team that takes pride in their planning and design work on the beautiful California Central Coast! We focus on our purpose with integrity, great quality, and mutual respect, while creating great value to the clients and communities we serve. We also have generous benefits and competitive compensation packages tailored to match experience and qualifications.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Salary Range: $65,000 - $105,000 Annually
Experience and Qualifications: We are seeking a full-time Landscape Designer / Architect to join our landscape architecture team. An ideal candidate shall have a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or related field. We are seeking candidates with entry level experience (ideally would have some experience via internship within a professional work environment) through a senior designer or landscape architect with up to 6 +/- years. Must exhibit working proficiency using AutoCAD, LandFX, Bluebeam, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign. The ideal candidate should exhibit critical and creative thinking, technical and conceptual design, have positive work habits and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Key Expectations: Our team is keen on professionalism merged with fun and a responsible work ethic. We depend on each other and clarity in our communication skills, learning from each other and adhering to our Quality Control procedures. We want to empower the success of a team member who demonstrates strong teamwork and project delivery.
Duties: A Landscape Designer/Architect helps the Department by successfully accomplishing the following duties:
- Increasing involvement in design tasks and functions. Striving towards professional registration and/or has recently obtained professional registration.
- Responsible for organizing and filing of project documents.
- Under Project Manager supervision, coordinates and communicates with client/agency. Assists Project Landscape Architect in obtaining technical information from the client.
- Understanding of tasks assigned and correlation to work performed by others.
- Perform and document simple Landscape Architectural calculations under support by Landscape Architect.
- Proficiency in CADD / Land FX drawings in area of competency and in accordance with the company standards.
- Develop understanding of Adobe Software programs (InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator / Acrobat).
- Develop writing skills, preparing technical portions of report related to assigned tasks under close supervision.
- Assist with preparation of bid sheet for Landscape Architect's Opinion of Probable Costs.
- Under guidance learn to or know how to adhere to project budgets assigned;
- Execute assigned work on schedule; and
- Know general project scopes and how to stay on track within assigned scope.
- Conducts quality control of their work product prior to delivery to Task Manager.
- Participation in professional association officer functions/responsibilities, attendance at conferences and, networking with professionals outside of firm is encouraged.
About Wallace Group: Our staff is committed to service, to each other, our clients, and our communities. We are active volunteers and leaders in our business and personal communities, and we have a commitment to the long-term health and viability of our built environment.
Like our community, we are diversified personally and professionally with multiple disciplines and interests. We understand the importance of teamwork and enjoyment of our work in order to deliver meaningful, and effective designs. We foster teamwork and enjoyment by getting to know each other and our neighbors better with Company sponsored events such as with our Fun Committee, our Charitable Contributions Committee, through our paid leave for community service, and a variety of other activities.
Since our founding in 1984, our focus and passion has centered on people. We value our long-standing external and internal client partnerships by demonstrating integrity, fairness and reliability in all we do. At Wallace Group we believe in our motto “Dedication to Service”, this results in both the quantitative and the qualitative rewards for our staff and those we serve.
Please visit our website at www.wallacegroup.us for more information about Wallace Group including our benefits package found on the Careers page.