Senior Landscape Architect
Come join a dynamic and fun-loving team that takes pride in their planning and design work on the beautiful California Central Coast! We focus on our purpose with integrity, great quality, and mutual respect, while creating great value to the clients and communities we serve. We also have generous benefits and competitive compensation packages.
Location: San Luis Obispo
Salary Range: $95,000 - $120,000 Annually
Experience and Qualifications: We are seeking a full-time Senior landscape architect to join our team! The ideal candidate shall have a bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or related field and have an active California registration as a licensed Professional Landscape Architect. A minimum of eight (8) years of qualifying professional design experience is required. Must exhibit working proficiency using AutoCAD, LandFX, Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with desired experience in SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign. The ideal candidate should have working experience and understanding with plans, estimates, and specifications, including one or more of the leading specification formats (i.e., CSI, Greenbook, and Caltrans). Must exhibit successful progression and development in project management and client interactions and thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary working environment. The ideal candidate should have experience in proposal preparation and strategy.
Key Expectations: Our team is keen on professionalism merged with fun and a responsible work ethic. We depend on each other and clarity in our communication skills, learning from each other and adhering to our Quality Control procedures. We want to empower the success of a senior team member who demonstrates strong teamwork and project delivery experience. This position requires strong project management skills for scope, budget, schedule, and quality control, as well as experience with preparation of proposals, participation in interviews, and meeting with current and potential clients.
Duties: A Senior Landscape Architect helps to lead and grow the Department by successfully accomplishing the following duties:
- Helps to direct and oversee designs and work prepared by other Landscape Architects and Designers within the studio.
- Takes on role of Project Landscape Architect for complex design projects and tasks.
- Takes lead role in research and training of others on technical and/or design aspects.
- Responsible for client/agency interactions on Projects and acts as an internal resource to advise staff on resolving client/agency issues.
- Proficient in directing key Landscape Architect decisions and solutions on projects in areas of competency and directing Landscape Architect solutions in other disciplines.
- Recognition as a specialist both internally and externally, including external training efforts.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality of CADD / LandFX drawings, meeting Company CADD / Land FX and industry standards, and client needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall quality of drawings to clients.
- Responsible for report deliverable to meet defined scope of work. Write technical sections of reports in area of competency.
- Responsible for ensuring Quantities and Landscape Architect’s Opinion of Probable Costs are reasonable and appropriate for Project.
- Manage and be accountable for scope delivery across disciplines.
- Performs interdisciplinary check of work products including design plans, specifications and estimates for consistency on medium to large size projects, and specific task elements in area of competency.
- Reviews technical papers and/or presentations prepared by staff.
- Routinely meet with clients in area of competency, follow up on business opportunity leads with clients, discuss project needs and services offered by Company.
- Review proposals, provide key input into detailed scope, approach and understanding to ensure Proposal has “winning” edge and technical merit.
About Wallace Group: Our staff is committed to service, to each other, our clients, and our communities. We are active volunteers and leaders in our business and personal communities, and we have a commitment to the long-term health and viability of our built environment.
Like our community, we are diversified personally and professionally with multiple disciplines and interests. We understand the importance of teamwork and enjoyment of our work in order to deliver meaningful, and effective designs. We foster teamwork and enjoyment by getting to know each other and our neighbors better with Company sponsored events such as with our Fun Committee, our Charitable Contributions Committee, through our paid leave for community service, and a variety of other activities.
Since our founding in 1984, our focus and passion has centered on people. We value our long-standing external and internal client partnerships by demonstrating integrity, fairness and reliability in all we do. At Wallace Group we believe in our motto “Dedication to Service”, this results in both the quantitative and the qualitative rewards for our staff and those we serve.
Please visit our website at www.wallacegroup.us for more information about Wallace Group including our benefits package found on the Careers page.