City of Goleta Los Carneros and Calle Real Roundabout
Wallace Group served as the prime consultant to prepare an expedited design of a roundabout at the intersection of Los Carneros Road and Calle Real within the City of Goleta. The conversion of the existing intersection from a 3-way stop controlled intersection into a roundabout intersection was undertaken to improve operations during future years while providing enhanced bicycle and pedestrian travel. The project included stage construction strategies to maintain traffic through the intersection during construction as well as multiple complexities of efficiently using existing pavement and drainage facilities to reduce construction costs while considering constructability. Wallace Group managed design and worked with various City departments, utility and property owners to deliver the Plans, Specification, and Estimate (PS&E) in an expedited fashion.
- Expedited concept development and design
- Improves safety and multimodal access
- Staging and traffic control planning to keep the intersection open during construction
- Water efficient and native landscaping used throughout
- Multiple stakeholder public outreach and agency coordination
Surveying / GIS Solutions