Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Position Summary and Key Expectations: Primarily provides administrative and project support to Principals in a professional services project-based business. The Executive Assistant is a proactive and good-natured optimist with a “can do” attitude towards problem solving and task management. This person is expected to have strong analytical skills, be flexible to changing priorities, able to learn trends and pay attention to details while understanding goals, timelines and the different approaches and needs of those being supported. This position requires that the candidate have excellent communication and clarification talents, strong ethics and judgement as well as customer service skills with a dedication to teamwork with all staff.
- Prepares or proofs written documents with the highest degree of professionalism, attention to detail and accuracy. Specific examples may include but are not limited to letters, spreadsheets, charts, schedules, presentations, database and research summaries.
- Prepares and maintains project and other records that may include sensitive or confidential information. Prepares special and recurring project and Board/Committee reports, as necessary.
- Develop general technical understanding of admin intensive project work such as assessment district, public meetings and related notices, compiling plans/reports/documents for project deliverables.
- Assists in the tracking of project schedules, deliverables and subconsultant coordination.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings or appointments, prepares draft agendas, and records/transcribes meeting notes including via verbal direction. Monitors/assists with appointments, meeting preparation needs, tracking of action items and deadlines. General assistance with the Principal’s calendars.
- Coordinates travel schedules, reservations, expense reports and other monthly activities.
- Facilitates internal team communication (e.g., distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Interfaces with clients and employees.
- Support for business needs across a broad spectrum of interfaces.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have Associates degree, and at least 5 years’ experience as an assistant to a high-level manager or executive in a professional services environment.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently with strong organizational and task management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel, with experience in other MS Office suite software.
- Strong working knowledge of data management applications such as Deltek or other project based resource management software) and scheduling application (Outlook Calendar)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through with a high-level of accuracy.
- Experience exercising judgement and discretion with sensitive, confidential, and proprietary information.
- Strong people skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, results and action-oriented, with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Positive attitude, professional and pleasant demeanor.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit at a desk and use computer with related tools for a 6 – 8 hour average work shift. Vision to independently view computer screen or printed materials and graphics. Hearing and speech skills to effectively communicate in English in person and over the telephone.
Hours: Full-time at 30 hours per week, with the potential of 40 hours per week with expansion of position duties.Ex
Pay Range: $28.00 - $38.00 per hour, DOE/Q