Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Wallace Group, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, is looking for a strong candidate to join our dynamic and accomplished team of professional engineers, landscape architects, planners, surveyors, and administrative staff as a full-time Accounting Clerk with full benefits.
Accounts Payable duties to include:
- Entry of invoices, processing outgoing checks, scanning, organizing and reconciling invoices, assist with 1099 and W-9 processing, and other duties.
- Audit expenditure documents for compliance with company policy.
Accounts Receivable duties to include:
- Coordinate Project billing and reporting aged A/R follow up and responding to inquiries.
- Record, deposit and summarize cash receipts.
Miscellaneous Accounting duties to include:
- Analysis of various spreadsheets throughout the month.
- Assist with annual audits, insurance renewals, etc.
- Maintain accurate and current accounting files.
- Attend local and out of town training seminars
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly trial balances and financial statements according to GAAP principals.
- Actively look for ways to streamline and expedite accounting processes.
Key Expectations: Must have desire to further a career in the accounting/finance arena. Professionalism with a responsible work ethic and a quick learner. Ability to work with staff through team building, humor and flexibility. Must be a problem solver, organized with good follow through, and a self-starter; demonstrates the ability to enhance the value or performance of a task, and operate under sometimes tight and changing deadlines.
Qualifications: 1-2 years of accounting experience similar to above duties; Bachelor’s degree or degree in progress preferred but not required; Advanced proficiency in Excel preferred; intermediate proficiency required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit at a desk and use computer with related tools for an 8-hour average work shift. Vision to independently view computer screen or printed materials and graphics. Hearing and speech skills to effectively communicate in English in person and over the telephone.
Hours: This is a 40-hour a week position. There is some flexibility in hours in the event a candidate would like to work 32 hours a week.